In 1870 Georg Kaspar Deblich bought the mill from the community Sondheim, ground in the then turns and wood was cut.
The sawmill workers to 1920 before the first gate
At the time, was powered by the mill wheel, the continuity of services was correspondingly dependent on the water supply of the Bahra.
After the death of the founder's son Ernest took over the business and built 1893 stables from the first, emblazoned on the gable end today a shield with the inscription of the builder.
Timber transport by Nordheim, Admission to the Weimar court in the 1. Fuhr Gustav Deblich, behind a Russian prisoner
When Gustav Deblich took over the family business, the mill was used less and less to grind, until 1921 was terminated. At the same time, he modernized the company, by replacing the horses used for heavy work by a tractor with a winch.
With the Second World War broke out also for the small sawmill hard times. After the sons Otto and Ortwin were drafted into the military, Gustav had Deblich sustain businesses with foreign workers.
"The powerful team" in the 80s
After the war, returned to normal conditions again, mechanization led the way: 1951 Gates established a modern facility and seven years later enlarged. 1958 the operation was equipped with forklifts, 1969 debarking bought one.
Senior partner and chief Volker Otto Deblich when measuring the sawn timber
After Otto Deblich 1971 had taken over the leadership of the operation, he was eleven years later with his son Volker Gain, until he 2001 died.
Today the fortunes of the family business is in the hands of two generations: Volker leads Deblich the operation with his son Michael.